Since I finally created a logo for the other blog, I wanted to be able to use it as my icon for the page. I am not sure if I somehow overlooked it time and again or if it was a more recent addition to the feature set (thinking it was the latter), but Blogger has provided an easy way to do it.
Blogger calls this icon a “Navicon”, WordPress just calls it your “Blog Picture”.
If you were wondering, I made it in Inkscape – which, although it takes some getting used to (I still probably only know 5% of it?) is an awesome and robust program.
Set or Change your Blogger Icon (Navicon)
- Login to your Blogger blog.
- Click “Design”.
- Click the “Page Elements” link.
- Click the “Edit” link next to “Favicon”.
- Click “Browse” to choose an icon file. Your icon can be only 100kb, and for the best appearance you should make sure it is a perfect square.
- Click “Save”. (To use that icon file.)
- Click “Save” again. (To save your changes to your blog.)
Voila! Now when people pull up your blog, they’ll see your own custom icon instead of the default orange Blogger image.